Thursday, November 1, 2007

Heroes

From the wire...

"NEW YORK (AP) — When Debbie Parkhurst choked on a piece of apple at her Maryland home, her dog jumped in, landing hard on her chest and forcing the morsel to pop out of her throat. When the Keesling family of Indiana was about to be overcome by carbon monoxide, their cat clawed at wife Cathy's hair until she woke up and called for help."
"For their nick-of-time acts, Toby, a 2 1/2-year-old golden retriever, and Winnie, a gray-eyed American shorthair, were named Dog and Cat of the Year by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals."
...
I couldn't help but notice that those animals' actions resemble those of my own cat.
Although, now that I think about it, my cat likes to claw my face, not my hair, and he doesn't care if I'm sleep or not.
He also likes to jump on my chest, but so he can get closer to my face.

I know, he's as cute as they come.

Before I forget, the story also mention that "five humans were honored" at the event.

But nobody cares about that, right?